Skip to main content
Attach the engine data plate
No rivet holes in evidence; used JB Weld
AC 45-3A just says "must be affixed to the engine at an accessible location where it is unlikely to be defaced or damaged during normal service, lost or destroyed in an accident."
- Complete the baffling
- Re-do or extend the right front piece -- large gap next to flywheel
- Switch to a conventional breather tube
Plug the exhaust system's smoke injection port
- Run a tube from the firewall to the tail, projecting past the tailwheel
Remove the nitrous oxide system
- Cowl flap control(s)
- Push-pull cables; separate or "Y"
- Individual linear actuator motors
- Calculate forces & travel required
- Make sure the motors are designed for harsh environments
- Adjustable position w/indicator vs. simple open/closed
- Install cowl fasteners (quarter-turn)
- Air intake: Removable inlet screen assembly (similar to Extras) that incorporates a 7-degree ramp and mates with the intake tube via a silicon hose coupler
- Install and wire the landing light
- Improve the mount; currently it's just one screw, which is bad in a heavy vibration environment like that.
- Add a protective lens?
- Adjust the fit; there's currently a gap around the edge of the light. Either add filler to the edges or fabricate a gasket.
- Wiring must be easy to disconnect
- Put an electrical connector near the firewall
- Add mounting tabs for the landing light wires on the inner surface of the lower cowl, just below the cowl fasteners
- Reinforce the inside of the cooling air intakes
- Add fasteners to secure the upper and lower cowl halves at the front
- Move the electronic ignition and auto plugs to the bottom of each cylinder?
- May require a new wiring harness
- Order propeller: MTV-9-B-C/C203-46
- Decide whether to buy the Sky Dynamics starter ring
- Decide whether to change to a different e-mag system, e.g. www.surefly.aero
- Add some kind of strap from the exhaust cluster to the motor mount
- Install heavy-duty motor mounts?
- Barry P/N 94016-02 plus center stiffeners (supplied as part of Barry P/N 94016-44)
- Install firesleeve on all fuel lines
- Determine if any Titan ECi cylinder ADs or SBs apply, including https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2009/12/31/E9-30732/airworthi…
Extend and offset the gascolator drain valve so that it's reachable without removing the cowl