Skip to main content
- Fuel tank
- Build mounts for the standard aluminum tank
- Try to devise a fastening system for the lower front tabs of the fuel tank so that's not so difficult to install and remove
- Tie to the landing gear reinforcement webs?
- Reinforce the tank to reduce oilcanning?
- Need a reducer from the huge threaded female opening in the tank to the engine fuel line
- Install a fuel filter between the fuel selector valve and the boost pump, ideally somewhere accessible.
Relocate the MGL D-to-A conversion box and the Lightspeed electronics from the back of the firewall
Relocate the Mode S xpdr from under the rudder pedal trays to somewhere behind the spar box
- Relocate the battery from under the right rudder pedal tray to somewhere behind the spar box?
- Enclose the battery to prevent accidental short circuits
- Improve the brake pedal cotter pin system per: https://www.gilesaerobatics.org/partial-brake-pedal-failure
- Tie the rudder pedal inner sides to the fuselage structure to eliminate twisting
- Add one or two beam-wise cross-members between the landing gear reinforcement webs
- Add air vent scoops
- Extra-style scoops in the slipstream
- 1-2" scat tubing running to the panel
- Two eyeball vents
- Attach the fuel tank cover with ¼-turn fasteners